$475.00 per person *
* We recently quoted this to a 16 person group for a 16 day trip with four rafts. We have outfitted thousands of Grand Canyon trips, and we realize that each trip is different and we love working with our customers to give them their unique Canyon experience. We always go the extra miles to give you the trip of your dreams. Call or email us for your custom quote.
Canyon Gear Package - We've got the gear you need!
Let Canyon REO bring it to you.
Do you like planning, shopping and packing your own food? With our Canyon Gear Package you can combine your culinary skills with our canyon gear and shuttle services.
This package includes most of the equipment, shuttles and services from our Deluxe Package, while allowing you and your group to take care of the food. You can rent our fully outfitted river-ready rafts, toilets and any other bits and pieces that you may need. And of course you will have complete access to our helpful customer service. You can use your own kitchen set-up or choose from one of our Kitchen Packages.
Our handmade, solid block ice is available for purchase to complete your food pack and ensure it stays fresh. Use our aluminum boxes, ammo cans and coolers to pack your own food and save money. Need advice on how we pack food? Just ask! Our friendly staff is always here to answer questions and "talk Canyon."
Be sure to visit our Pricing & Policies page for further information about costs.
Click each item below to learn more!
Canyon REO’s premium rafts are fully-equipped, top-of-the line NRS or Hyside Hypalon™ oar boats with all gear and rigging. Paddle rafts are also available for rent. The frames will be rigged with drop bags or open bays as required for your specific food pack.
Each Raft will be rigged with the following:
- Self-bailing hypalon raft
- Main frame of diamond plate aluminum with center floor
- Four Sawyer counter-balanced hybrid oars (fiberglass shaft with ash blade)
- Oarlocks (pins substituted if requested)
- Cooler cover provided for each cooler (See Kitchen, coolers & cans on invoice)
- Trailer frame as needed to carry food & gear
- Padded deck cover provided for any metal surface used for a passenger's seat
- Rear beaver board deck in each raft as needed for carrying food & gear
- Frame straps
- Loads of equipment straps - As many as you need
- Heavy duty drag bag
- Minor repair kit (patch materials & tools)
- Minor first aid kit
- Throw bag/rope (75 foot)
- Type IV throw cushion
- Barrel pump (1 per every 3 rafts)
- Sand stake (1 per every 3 rafts)
- Canyon Gear Kitchen
Our kitchen equipment and systems have been tested and refined during hundreds of river trips, and thousands of hours cooking on the river. We make sure that everything you'll need to prepare food is included, clean, and in excellent working order. We provide general instructions for setup and use, if necessary.
On the river, there is no "right" and "wrong" way to do things. There are ways that work, and ways that don't. Our kitchens include sufficient equipment to get you started, with the flexibility to organize things the way that works best for your group.
- Safety Equipment
We include with the Canyon Gear Package a major and minor medical kit that meets or exceeds the NPS regulations for river rafters.
- Toilet & Handwash
Our toilet system is a standard 25 mil rocket box. Rental includes a custom fitted seat inside a separate box and a day toilet per NPS requirements.
2 Wishy-Washy Handwash Stations, per NPS requirements, are included in our Canyon Gear Kitchen.
We do not include toilet supplies with the Canyon Gear Package/Kitchen, but for an extra fee we will include: Lysol cleaner, Toilet Paper (6 rolls/toilet), Hand wash cup, Toilet scrubber, Latex gloves (3pr), and Hand soap.
Canyon REO provides one-stop, stress-free shuttle choices for Grand Canyon Colorado River rafters. There are many ways to set up shuttles – shuttling personal vehicles, changing pickup/drop off locations, or even a little bit of both.
Depending on your group needs we include a number of shuttle options to help get you to and from the river and anywhere in between. Whether you choose a group shuttle, transporting you and your group in our vehicles, or a vehicle shuttle, where we transport your vehicles to and from the river, or a mix of both, we can accommodate you needs. We will work with you to figure out the most convenient and cost effective shuttle scenario for you and your group based on where people are coming from and going to.
Have a look at our Shuttles page to learn more about our shuttles.
- Miscellaneous Rental Items
In addition to your Canyon Gear package you may be interested in some of these extras
+ PFDs - $25 flat rate
+ Personal Dry Bags - $25 flat rate
* The time-tested NRS Bill’s Bag has been a dependable piece of boating gear for more than thirty years! Deluxe packages include two dry bags to store tents.
+ Guitar Bag - $ 35.00 flat rate
* Jack’s Plastic Welding Guitar Bag is made to fit a regular guitar in its original hardcase. (Holds 6 cu ft, and measures 19” diameter x 51” tall, when filled full and rolled down to maximum volume.) We recommend that the guitar be placed be placed in the bag with the neck down, and that you place a sleeping bag in with your guitar. Putting the guitar case in upside down allows a broader surface area to close against.
+ Paco Pads - $45 flat rate
+ Camp Chairs - $15 flat rate
+ Umbrella with mount - $ 35 flat rate
- Canyon Gear Services
Canyon REO has been outfitting private boaters on the Colorado River for over 20 years and we have outfitted thousands Canyon trips in that time. We realize that one size does not fit all and we welcome trip customizations to give you the trip of your dreams. Our staff prides itself on outstanding, attentive, personal service whether you’re an experienced Canyon boater or a first-timer.
We are happy to offer these additional services to our Canyon Gear Customers:
+ Unlimited Personal Service - Phone & Email - Tips, Tricks and Advice
+ Rigger at Lee’s Ferry to help you rig your REO rafts
+ Hotel Pick Up on Orientation Day
+ Hotel Drop Off on Take-out Day
+ Storage of Gear Shipped to our Warehouse Prior to Trip
+ Suitcase, Duffel and Gear Storage While on River
+ Insulated Coffee Mug for Every Trip Member
* Don't forget to ask us about discounts such as our Early Bird discount!